There is no real plan right now. Blogging about this is a new idea. In fact, I just came up with it last night. But I have been kicking around the idea of selling things on ebay or kijiji to make some extra money. Every little bit counts. I have never sold anything on ebay, and I've only sold one thing on kijiji, so I am really green to all of this. I am willing to go without some things to pay off the student loan. There isn't much I wouldn't well for the right price. However, I will not sell anything that causes my child to go without. And obviously, I am not willing to sell a kidney or anything drastic like that LOL I would sell my hair though... haha
I am also a big fan of coupons. But the problem with coupons, is the money that you save just gets spent on something else, and usually not bills or my student loan. I am thinking of keeping track of the money I save with coupons over the course of a month, and then taking that much money and paying that much towards my student loan.
So this blog will keep track of the process and hopefully someday I will be able to announce that my student loan will be paid off. The loan amount, by the way, is just under $66,000, plus interest of about $10 per day.... I'll give you a moment to digest that.....probably still haven't grasped that........Yep, now you know why I need to do this. I have been paying on it for years already, and really haven't paid much on principle, but $1000s on interest. So I need to do something quick so I can kick the interest in the butt. I guess this is my early New Years resolution.... :D
No comments:
Post a Comment