Search & Win

Monday, December 6, 2010

A few things I should clear up....

I have been searching the internet and reading about people's student loan stories. A lot of the stories involve defaulting, claiming bankruptcy, etc. I should say that I am in good credit standing with my loan. I have never missed a payment, I will not claim bankruptcy, I am not planning on leaving the country (that doesn't work anyways....), etc etc. In saying I've never missed a payment, I should say that I have arranged interest only payments a ton of times, which makes the payments more manageable. Usually around $300 a month. Still tough to make, but doable, although it means I will never pay it off..... So I am trying everything I can to make sure I can make the full payments, and have a chance to someday pay it off. Hopefully sooner than later, because as it stands right now, I will not be able to have the second child we want to have, or buy a home. (Right now, we own a small 2 bedroom trailer.) But I believe that somehow I will be able to do it. I am very determined!!! I think the day I pay off my student loan should be a national holiday :) I know it will be a family holiday for sure! BIG PARTY that day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment