I called the student loan office today to get a balance and to see how much interest I get charged per day. Why??!! Just to get a handle on things I guess, although at a balance of over $62,000 and interest collecting at over $9 PER DAY, I know I will not be getting a handle on it anytime soon. But I will keep on with the plan.
When the guy came and picked up the treadmill, I realized I could have gotten a bit more for it. But it is out of my kitchen, and I did get $400 for it. Which isn't awful, because it is 2 years old. But I probably could have gotten 5 or 6 for it, but oh well. You'd be surprised how much more of a home this place feels like to me now that the treadmill is not in the kitchen! Its amazing! I have a lot of other things to go too, but nothing that will fetch as much money as the treadmill. After the guy paid us, I told my husband that I would be putting the money on the student loan, and he said no no lets spend it on Christmas. But we talked about it some more, and its best to put it on the loan, even though putting $400 on a $62,000 loan seems like a waste of money really! But I said I would, and I will.
Still no offers on those jeans I put up on Kijiji, even though I reduced them by $10! Must be the size. I think I will list them in another city soon and see what happens.
I haven't been using a ton of coupons yet this month. I've only used one totaling 50 cents. So far the total that I will deposit on my loan at the end of this month is $400.50 At least I am doing something!
I am still using swagbucks, and will soon have enough to get a gift card. I hope it works!
Another thing I am doing is entering Ellen's 12 days of Christmas give-a-ways. I admire her so much. She does so much for so many people in need. I contemplated writing her a letter about my situation, but then felt silly because there are people out there who have no jobs, who's family members are sick or dying, who can't afford diapers, etc. and I am blessed enough not to have any of those types of problems in my life right now. Although I really don't know what else to do or where to turn when it comes to this student loan, I don't think it would be right for me to write to her. I hope to figure something out soon. The lottery has not been panning out for me as of yet..... haha. But I have faith something great will happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment