I just got a call. Turns out for the first time in my life, a cheque I wrote, bounced!!! Omg. How did this happen?! Well, I had it dated for the 18th. There was more than enough money in there on the 18th... so what happened? They didn't try to take it out until the 30th. Thanks. But it's just as much my fault. I didn't look to see if they took it out on time, like I usually do. I got caught up in Christmas and whatnot. So, I owe the $ that the cheque was written out for, plus $65.00 in NSF fees! OMG. That is crazy. It's been an awesome week btw this and hubby's car quitting on us. Ugh. Oh well. Learn and move on. The worst part is I have no idea how I let that happen. I am actually very good with money and staying on top of payments, when they come out, checking to see if they have come out, etc. It just slipped my mind this time. Eek! What a costly brain lapse!
I have to get a hold of some packages that I can mail out things I sell on ebay. Apparently I have to measure them out in order to make a listing, so that the customer knows what they will be paying in shipping. Plus, if I get everything ready to ship before I list, it will get shipped faster. I have a tendency of putting things off, so if I listed and then got everything ready to ship, it probably wouldn't get shipped for a few days after wards.... and that's no good for ratings!
I came across this website called "The Giving Pledge." Have you heard of it? It's such a neat idea. Bill and Melinda Gates along with Warren Buffett have created it and it challenges America's richest people to donate at least half of their wealth either in their lifetime or after they pass on. If they want to partake, they have to write a letter (Pledge) and make it public. There are 57 billionaires on this list now. WOW! The site is www.thegivingpledge.org On the site is a list of the names of the billionaires who have made the pledge, along with a copy of the letter. I read through some of them and it's pretty impressive. Then of course my mind wanders and I think "Wow. $63,000 to them is like $0.63 to me" I can hardly fathom that. But I still believe something will change for me. I will never be a billionaire, or even a millionaire. But SOMETHING is going to click for me, and this loan will be history. I just have to work hard at it and be patient. The patient part is what I have issues with.....hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment